The IGMC has collaborated with a number of Institutions for
offering better facilities.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) for
Open Heart Surgical Operations.
- Post Graduate Institute (PGI), Chandigarh for
teaching and Research Activities.
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) for
Cancer Project, various researchprojects for funding and
establishment of State of the Art Research Laboratory.
- Directorate Health Services for Cancer Project,
Revised National Tuberculosis Programme (RNTCP), IDSP Project,
MCH services through NRHM and HIV AIDS
- World Health Organisation for various research projects.
Institutions attached to the College
The Himachal Pradesh State Hospital known as Indira
Gandhi Hospital (IGH) is attached to the college for
imparting clinical instructions to the students in
various subjects. In addition Kamla Nehru State
Hospital for Mother and Child, Shimla and health institutions
namely Primary Health Centre Mashobra for rural training
and Urban Health Centre Boiluganj are also attached to the